Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Star Wars Rogue One Nerf Imperial Death Trooper Deluxe Blaster

The Star Wars Rogue One Nerf Imperial Death Trooper Deluxe Blaster hit stores in October of 2016 for about $35. It's a 3 shot, pump action springer with a smart AR system. It features trigger activated  Star Wars inspired light and sound effects. Also pump activated UV LED lights in the barrel that look cool and charge the glow- in the- dark- darts!
As cool as this blaster is, performance is lacking and I thought it was too expensive as did many NERFers...  but they say "good things come to those who wait" and I just found some on clearance for 9 bucks.
This movie promo blaster just got better!

I got 2 of these in case I mess one up!!!


 For $9 the "pew-pew" sound and flashing lights when you pull the trigger are enough, the fact that it shoots NERF darts is just a wonderful bonus.  Included is blaster with GlowStrike technology for light effects,
laser blast sound effects,  cosmetic (non-functional) magazine attachment,3 Elite GlowStrike darts, and instructions. A neon green edition of the Death Trooper Blaster with  6 darts, a scope, and a RAIDER-like stock is also available exclusively from Toys R Us currently for about $50 US.
You load 3 darts into the front of the blaster and prime it via the pump action fore grip. The blaster fires 1 dart at a time however the trigger activates the light and sound effects whether the blaster is loaded and primed or not. For someone like a Star Wars fan, cos-player, Halloween Death Trooper, or others (I fit all those categories) this is a great feature, darts aren't even really a necessity. Despite the "not being gun black" and even maybe the cool little scope, this NERF blaster does look a little like the actual movie blaster. That makes it another candidate for a NERF prop Mod.
Death Trooper movie prop

I've seen some really good Star Wars, Marvel, and other sy-fi Mods over the years but I've  never done a proper one myself. This DEATH TROOPER blaster is going to be my first. With a few simple internal mods including a spring swap-out this blaster can be brought up to elite ranges... because I'm a NERFER. I'm using a RAIDER stock, it isn't perfect but close enough and it's both available and practical. Some other cosmetic detail ideas and of course  PAINT... A lot of black. I don't usually paint blasters black. The interwebs have come up with some good info as well. I'm not the first to think of doing this... but I hope to add to that in a near future post.
So I'm excited to get working on this///I think I already have just about everything I need. If things go well you can expect a progress post in a few days. I think you dedicated readers deserve it? Sorry to say temperatures are far too cold to paint right now so this is a bit of a problem but I can do internal and shell work, you'll have to check back soon to see what progress I've made on my Modified Star Wars Rogue One Nerf Imperial Death Trooper Deluxe Blaster! May the force be with you and ...

                                                                NERF ON NERFerS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment