Wednesday, May 6, 2015

NERF N-STRIKE ELITE XD RHINOFIRE

At long last I got me one!                                                                                        

Last July I published the first of a few posts about the "Ultimate Holiday Blaster"- the RHINO FIRE, I think a lot of people did. Since then I'm sure you have seen it, come to know all about it, or maybe you even have one. If you read any of my other RF posts you know I wanted one from the very beginning despite the hefty price tag and now...finally, here it is, RHINO INCENDIUM MEUM -
                                                             
                                                                                   MY RHINOFIRE!

Here she is.

It was one of four I found near the gardening section in a Walmart. I got it for the reduced $69.97 (USD) price.  They are currently listed online at that price (at Walmart) but I haven't seen them in stores since Christmas time, except at Toys R Us for $100 ON SALE !

This huge 16 by 34 inch (40 x 86 cm) box was almost enough to make me a bit giddy.  I thought about being 8 and finding that present wrapped up and waiting under the tree.
Remember how big that STAMPEDE box seemed to be?

                                                 
What you get inside the box.





tactical rails
Now you can see that we have 3 parallel  tactical rails on top, the center being double length, for all the matching accessories
that we really don't have...still, you do what you can with what you got...  maybe a scope...                         

w/ ZS LONGSHOT scope.
                                   





35 dart drum mags... 
w/ 35 rnd drum mags and RECON sight.






                               or with a tactical sling...
w/ home-made sling.


 

I found that I could use my RHINOFIRE quit effectively by firing it one handed from my right hip with it  slung across my shoulder and chest. Wielding a RAPIDSTRIKE  in my left hand with yet a third 35 dart drum was not nearly as cumbersome as it may sound and enables me to deliver 105 rounds down range and/or in to a hoard in less than 20 seconds.
suspended by sling, very nicely balanced.

With my right hand on the right side handle and right thumb on the "trigger", the back of the left drum against my belt buckle, the left side of the blaster against my right hip, and the sling supporting the weight ... aiming and firing was easy by just pivoting my body.

The awkward handle and trigger- button configuration worked much better than I thought it would.

I am very surprised by how portable I find this blaster to be. Younger/smaller Nerfers might not agree... remember this is a pretty big blaster with 6 D- cell batteries in it. As for me, I couldn't be happier with it. The Nerf Elite RHINOFIRE is everything I was hoping it would be and more. It'll make a fine addition to the Armory . 
What else can I say that hasn't already been said about the RHINOFIRE? I think it's expensive, outrageous, and totally a ton-O-fun. Of course I recommend that you get one if you can.

                                                                            NERF ON NERFerS!!!
                                                                                             

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a bit much for cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a single cat perhaps, but perfect for fending off a hoard of cats, especially the zombie type. Please see my RICOCHET post for solo cat issues :)
      http://specimen7s.blogspot.com/2015/02/zombie-strike-ricochet.html
      NERF ON NERFER!

      Delete