Thursday, May 23, 2019

NERF N-Strike Elite TITAN CS-50 preview

Back in February we got our first look at this 50 round, full auto,clip system, Elites series Minigun. There is no upcoming new release that I'm more excited about...





I've always been a fan of the great big ridiculous blaster. The VULCAN, the RHINO FIRE, the PUNISHER, the PROMETHEUS, I like 'em all!  I am also a big fan of the Gatling or Minigun. One of my favorite blasters is my Air Zone PUNISHER that I picked up way back about the same time that the VULCAN EBF- 25 came out.

VULCAN EBF-25 circa 2008


NERF was not yet using flywheels in their blasters. The PUNISHER did use motorized flywheels to propel its darts and it out-shot the VULCAN plus it had super cool rotating faux barrels!



Dart Zone PUNISHER
 NERF was using their new clip system (CS) and after the release of the STAMPEDE,  I was hoping for another large CS blaster.

conceptual N-Strike Miniguns

Unfortunately that didn't happen for another 4 years and when it did happen it came in the form of the Elite series RHINO FIRE not the Minigun I was hoping for.

RHINO-FIRE

Another blaster that came out that year was the Dart Zone Covert Ops Scorpion, another belt fed, flywheel, Minigun. A cool little blaster... but just didn't fill my need for a big magazine fed barrel-spinning monster.

SCORPION

Now, finally 11 years after the release of the VULCAN, NERF is bringing us exactly what I wanted... well maybe not exactly what I wanted, but close enough.
The Titan CS-50 will be released in fall of this year but the exact date is unknown as of right now. The TITAN is fully automatic. It handles and fires much like the RIVAL Prometheus, with two inverted handles, and  acceleration and firing triggers on the rear handle.



 triggers on the rear handle

It 
has one tactical rail above the muzzle and two strap attachment points, one built into the trigger handle and the other above the blaster's barrel.




A good sized mag release button is located on the right side of the blaster, just above the magazine...

magazine release button


Oh yes, did I mention the magazine? That wonderful drum mag... that magnificent 50 dart  drum magazine! That's right, nearly a decade after the news of a 50 dart drum coming out with the STAMPEDE ECS didn't happen,

protptype 50 dart drum from STAMPEDE ECS-50

NERF engineers have finally given us an Elite 50 dart magazine. The mag is redesigned and has a new look much like the INFINUS mag. Reports from users of pre-release models say that it performs very well.


TITAN CS-50 fifty dart drum magazine




Now for the bad news...  the MSRP for this blaster is going to be $100, I'll most likely wait awhile for the price to come down before I actually buy one. It comes packaged with the blaster, one 50-dart drum magazine, 50 Elite darts, a strap, and an instruction sheet.


TITAN CS-50 box



You will also need  four "D" batteries to operate this behemoth blaster. The sheer size and weight of the TITAN might not make it the best choice for younger/smaller NERFerS, and surely this isn't the best choice for hard-core foam warriors... but if you're anything like me, a fan of those large and in-charge, two-hands required, monster blasters, I think the name says it all...TITAN! I can't wait to get both of my hands on one!
That's all I got for now, so until next time...


                                               NERF on NERFerS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment