Sunday, September 11, 2016

ZURU READY TO SWASHBUCKLE!

PIRATE RENEGADES-


The X shot Cutlass...


Un-open X shot sword.


At least that's the one I picked up tonight when I found these new foam swords put out by ZURU Toys, and sold under non other than X shot brand. Of course everybody knows the not so successful NERF N-FORCE series of swords and other foam melee weapons. Buzz Bee toys has also been making foam bladed fun for a while and lately has come out with some new designs that are pretty cool and very affordable.
Well I guess ZURU thought they'd try their hand at the forge... I have got to say, I like what they came up with. They have come up with a series of 3 new swords, a pirate sword, a ninja sword, and a medieval knight sword.The unique thing about these play melee weapons are the handles.


.
...other 2 swords.
Close up of packaging.


The handles are molded from hard plastic just like a blaster and it is actually a two piece shell screwed together, just like a blaster. When your holding the thing it has that same blaster feel to it instead of having a hand full of squeezy foam. The size is good as in big enough and I found them comfortable and pleasing.

2 halves of handle are secured by 8 screws.

As for the price... 4 bucks. I realize that for some of the hardcore Nerf warriors there really is no need for such an accessory, but for those NERFerS, cosplayers, and kids of all ages who like to play sword-fight... you've got to check these out!


Un-boxed- It's a nice shape and size.


I personally do happen to enjoy NERF swords of all kinds. If you're a regular reader then you know that I have a little collection of melee weapons in my armory. So now I have a cutlass! If you're wondering why I bought the cutlass, the reasons are this: They had very few left in stock. They had even less that weren't beat-up and broken. Last but perhaps most importantly it's the right color scheme, the majority of my melee collection happens to be the same.


Some of my other melee weapons.

En garde
and
NERF ON NERFerS!!!

1 comment:

  1. I got the other swords! see them on this blog or click this link http://specimen7s.blogspot.com/2016/11/zuru-swords-2.html

    ReplyDelete