Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Story of The Search for The Spectre

If you have seen the pictures or post of my Elite arsenal then you know that although there are 12 different types of blasters and a couple of duplicates the collection was missing a SPECTRE REV-5, so I decided it was time to get one. There was just one problem, when I went to my neighborhood Wal-Mart to pick up one of their exclusive blasters they were out.

Elite SPECTRE REV-5, a Wal-Mart exclusive.





 
So the next day I went and failed at another Wal-Mart which had an even worse selection of blasters. Next I went on-line to find that not only is the SPECTRE only  available  in stores, but in-stock info was not available. I took a laughable look at ebay offerings and was unsuccessful at a 3rd Wally-World... I was starting to wonder if there was something wrong. Had the elite Spectre been discontinued? was there a production or distribution problem? I had not heard of any such thing. It seems like not long ago they were in every Wal-Mart everywhere... Why didn't I get one while I had the chance?
Well the other night I was back in that neighborhood store that I started in and even though their Nerf section was still a disgrace they did have one elite Spectre. I sure hope they still have it the next time I go back. See that's a little joke... like I didn't actually buy it, ha ha!
 I'm glad to finally have one in the arsenal. Even though the Spectre may not be one of the more popular blasters, I think mostly because of it's 5 dart capacity and slow re-load time, it still has its own unique style and charm.
my new Elite SPECTRE REV-5

Left side is the loading side.



Here is SPECTRE stripped of accessories next to a STRONGARM.



 Did you know that the Spectre is the only elite blaster that uses a barrel extension that is not clip fed? Overall the blaster preformed pretty well, at least getting pretty close to the claimed 75' range. As for my favorite thing about this blaster, the looks. Change out that folding stock and I've always thought the Spectre was one hot look'n blaster!

with a STOCKADE stock I can fully re-load twice and LONGSTRIKE sights, well let me tell you...
                                                                                 

On another note, you may have noticed that the problems have been worked out and the Nerfarium aquarium  is back, also I want to say thanks to you all for reading and a special thanks and welcome to the NERFerS who are now following Nerfarium.

...this makes a perfect blaster for take'n out pests like that zombie down the hall or that alien in the air vent.






                                                            NERF ON NERFerS!!!

 

                                                                                             


  




3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the fish are back I just fed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fish have been sick for a while... I'm trying to get them back up.

    ReplyDelete