Tuesday, July 16, 2024

N-STRIKE ELITE SCOUT MK II

 Greetings NERFerS,  I know it's been a while since my last post and a ton of stuff is going on in the world of foam dart blasters a.k.a. NERFing. Perhaps I just needed to take a break,  take it all in, and reflect... In  this post I'm not going to get into any of that at all.  Instead l want to show you my newest blaster, the NERF N-Strike Elite SCOUT MK II. 

This blaster was originally released back in the Fall of 2018, so this certainly isn't any breaking news... but I just added this 4 shot revolver to my arsenal.   So read on for my review and pics...

I bought this blaster brand new from the Hasbro shop, on eBay, for 10 bucks. It came packaged in original store packaging,  as opposed to a generic brown box. 

SCOUT MK II -new in packaging 

Inside the box you get the blaster and 4 N-Strike Elite darts.

NERF N-Strike Elite SCOUT MK II 







The back of the box is a1, 2, 3, picture/diagram of how ro load, prime,  and  fire the  blaster. 
1. Load darts into front of cylinder 2. Pull priming handle back  3. Pull trigger 

The original N-Strike SCOUT  IX-3 was released in 2003 with the Unity Power System, and came in a red, gray, silver, and orange color scheme. It is a slide-action, muzzle-loaded, single shot pistol, with a reverse plunger mechanism. Mine is the N-Strike yellow version,  which was a 2 pack, Kmart exclusive. The SCOUT MK II is a single-fire revolver with a four-dart cylinder. It uses a direct plunger system. Mechanically it is identical to the Accustrike QUADRANT. 

N-StrikeElite SCOUT MK II (circa 2018) and N-Strike SCOUT (circa 2011)

Being a smaller blaster,  the SCOUT MK II has a smaller plunger tube and spring than other NERF revolvers like the DISRUPTOR or STRONGARM. It also does not feature Slam-fire. Overall range and power are also a little less than the  bigger revolvers, but not too bad... shots averaging around 62- 65 FPS. 

SCOUT MK II and STRONGARM 

The SCOUT MK II features a single tactical rail that sits atop the blaster. Although the overall design makes it a hard pistol to holster,  it does have a sling attachment point at the bottom of the grip.  The grip itself is a handgaurd design which some people don't care for, but I find it big and comfortable enough. The front of the blaster features an angled foregrip-like design. This design feature is also seen in the INFINUS and DELTA TROOPER, both released at the same time as the SCOUT MK II. 

Top to bottom- NERF  INFINUS,  SCOUT MK II,  and DELTA TROOPER 

All in all, I actually like the SCOUT MK II.  For my casual around the house and backyard play style, it powerful enough. The design might be a little impractical, but I think that it looks pretty tacti-Cool.  Ten dollars for a new in box NERF brand blaster isn't a bad price, and the SCOUT MK II is a great addition to my Elite collection,  a.k.a. the Blue Armory. 

If you're like me, and still interested in the N-Strike Elite series, and assuming you don't already have one, I recommend the SCOUT MK II.  Until next time...


                                       NERF on NERFerS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment