Saturday, August 31, 2024

The Elephant In The Room


NERF N SERIES & N1 DART... and the future of NERFARIUM 


By now you have probably heard about the new blasters and darts that NERF is launching for 2024 and  hence forth... In this post I will talk about the direction of NERFing in the future, and also the future direction of NERFARIUM. 
So Hasbro has decided to take foam blasting in a new direction.  The new  N Series features blasters that use a new style of dart, and better performance than N-Strike or Elite blasters, while still keeping a recommendation for NERFERS as young as 8. 

The N Series blasters fire a new unique ammunition type called N1 Darts. The darts feature a shorter but wider body than Elite darts, and have a flatter head. There is also a peg at the rear of the dart which only works with blasters from this series, similar to the situation with the NERF ULTRA series. 
NERF N1 dart 

There are five blasters currently available, and another five by the end of the year. What this means is that the new N1 dart will become  the standard for NERF blasters in the 8+ category.  The old full-length, Streamline,  Elite, what ever you call them darts,  will be phased out. 
This is a big step forward for the  future of NERF, but after almost 20 years of buying and collecting these blasters, I have amassed a considerable number, not to mention the ammo that goes with them. Storage space is also becoming an issue...
Some of my collection 

If you are a regular reader of NERFARIUM, then you know my focus is primarily on the N-Strike Elite series and  some of the sub-series, even though they have been discontinued. At this point I'm still collecting the few discontinued blasters that are missing from my collection. I do not plan to collect or review the 
new N series blasters or really any new NERF products at all. There could possibly be an exception, maybe an X Shot, Adventure Force, or other non-NERF blaster... and there are still a few special projects that  I'd like to  do.
Some of the many types of full length  darts, non of these will work with new NERF brand blasters. 

So I'm not quite finished here at NERFARIUM, but it looks like this might be turning into a retro NERF blog by default. After ten years, no one can say I haven't been at it a while. 
With September upon us, I'm not sure what I'll be posting about next? As I said,  I have a few ideas, and a couple of used blasters inbound, that I plan to mod (I don't want to say just yet). Until  then...

                           NERF on NERFerS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment