Sunday, November 20, 2016

ZURU SWORDS 2

X SHOT'S  OTHER OFERINGS FROM THE FOAM FORGE

A couple of months back I told you about some new swords I found that were made by ZURU toys, and the yellow handled pirate cutlass that I picked up... X SHOT pirate sword 
                                     
                  Well I found the other 2 of the series and got 'em cheap!












First is the X SHOT NINJA WARRIORS  KATANA (Ninja foam sword). It's features are a red 2 piece molded plastic handle with a black handguard.
 The blade is a little short and thick for a true "Katana" look, but the shape is right and it just might hold up a little better in actual melee. I found the handguard was uncomfortable. It reminded me of a cookie cutter, with the thin edge against the top of my hand.

 There is also an "X" logo sticker that raps around the sword between the handguard and the blade, mine was on a little crooked... well o.k. it was only $3

Let's move on to the MIDIEVAL KNIGHT SWORD. This foam "double edged" broadsword has a tapering round black handle with a blue handguard crossing the top.
It is of course constructed in the same 2 shell half, screw together way as the others. I thought the handle was comfortable and a good size.

It seems that each style sword is limited to one color, yellow pirate, red ninja, and blue knight. All swords are about 25 inches long over alland seem about evenly matched. Now costing between 3 to 4 dollars, these tough little swords are a must have for NERF melee fans as well anyone else looking for a good deal in a foam sword.


Although I haven't tried, I was thinking this "shell" handle design, which can be disassembled, could be easily repainted. It also may be possible to attach the handle to another foam sword blade?
Be sure to leave a comment if you have any thoughts about this...

                                                 NERF ON NERFerS!!!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. katana,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment... I don't hear from you guys enough. I will get to work on a new post... I got some new stuff you might like too!

      Delete
  2. Free shipping swords You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete