Sunday, March 15, 2020

NERF FORTNITE GL

Here's another blaster that was debuted at this year's New  York Toy Fair. This time it's from the video game franchise Fortnite, and this time it's a  6 shot grenade launcher.

NERF Fortnite GL


The Fortnite GL will be available for sale in a few months, supposedly August 1st, for about 60 bucks. It's not an exclusive and will be sold at most major retailers. It will come with the blaster, six Elite missiles, and instructions. The GL isn't NERFs missile launching blaster, there's the THUNDERBLAST and of course the DEMOLISHER,

NERF THUNDERBLAST and DEMOLISHER

not to mention the Modulus Missile Launcher, Avengers assembler gear Hulk, and the Fortnite RL. However the GL is the first multi-shot Elite missile launcher. With it's 6 missile rotating drum, the Fortnite GL fires one rocket at a time by manually moving the handle. When the handle is pushed all the way forward, the drum rotates and places a missile in firing position. The missile launches at the target when the handle is pulled all the way back. The power behind the missile is directly related to the power with which the handle is pulled, like all the other missile launchers.

Modulus Missile Launcher,  Hulk Assembler Gear, Fortnite RL

The GL also features  a top carry handle with tactical rail but I don't see any sling attachment points... maybe the finale production version will? I am a fan of the NERF missile. We have special rules regarding them such as armor busting and/or blast radius. My arsenal includes a DEMOLISHER, a modified THUNDERBLAST, and maybe my favorite... a Buzz Bee Air Warriors EXTREME Blastzooka.  I like the Blastzooka so much because it fires NERF Elite missiles and it uses an air tank to store pressurized air and fires with a trigger. I've always fantasized about a "better" NERF grenade launcher like the fictional NERF HAMMERHEAD GL-8,

NERF HAMMERHEAD GL-8

and while the Fortnite GL is still a ways away, it is certainly getting closer.
I think I'd like to pick this one up... but 60 bucks! Yeah, I guess not only do you have to pay for that NERF name, you got to pay for that Fortnite name too. The funny thing is I don't even like Fortnite. I'll likely wait until I can find it on sale... still I think this one's pretty cool.

                                             NERF on NERFerS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment