Saturday, November 21, 2020

Grabbed me a TALON!

 NERF MEGA TALON REVIEW 



 Wally-mart didn't have this one, so I had to make the long trip to TARGET...


 I'm not even sure what made me buy this addition to my MEGA collection? I thought it was on sale for $5.99, but when I got all the way to TARGET, it turned out to be $9.99... so I did something I rarely do, I paid full retail price for a NERF blaster. My 10 bucks got me a single shot blaster that is very similar to the MEGA BIGSHOCK, and 3 MEGA ACCUSTRIKE darts.

TALON in box

The TALON is the third blaster in the NERF N-STRIKE MEGA ACCUSTRIKE series/sub-series, following the MEGA THUNDERHAWK and the MEGA BULLDOG. The only difference between an ACCUSTRIKE MEGA blaster and a regular MEGA blaster is the darts they come packaged with.


MEGA THUNDERHAWK and MEGA BULLDOG


News of the TALON was leaked online in mid-2019. Later that year images were leakedand the blaster hit stores in the spring of 2020. Like the MEGA  BIGSHOCK, the TALON is an over-sized JOLT. It is also primed with a slide handle located in the bottom of the grip, like the BIGSHOCK.

Priming the TALON

There is storage for 2 darts, one dart can be stored on top, while the other can be stored diagonally on the Talon's built-in hand guard on the bottom. 

Dart storage

The TALON has a comfortable grip, although it may be a little tight for really big hands. I like the futuristic, sci-fi look too. It's simple to use and performs pretty good for a small single shot blaster. The ACCUSTRIKE darts are indeed more accurate than standard NERF MEGA darts, and the TALON fires them at an average of about 60 fps. Dart ranges were hitting around 70 to 75 feet. It fires as fast as you can prime and reload it... so a dart every 2 or 3 seconds if you're quick.

Overall I like the TALON. I'd probably like it a little better if I had got it on sale...  It's comparable to the BIGSHOCK although not as compact. It's a stylish blaster that performs well and would make a fine addition to any NERF arsenal. I know it's gonna look good in my MEGA collection.



                                                      NERF on NERFerS!!!



2 comments:

  1. Nice review. Is it worth getting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think it's worth getting, especially if you can get it for under 10 dollars.

      Delete