Wednesday, May 1, 2024

SHIELDED WHITE RHINO

 A RHINO-FIRE PICTORIAL 

If you have been  a reader of NERFARIUM for very long,  then you probably know that I'm a big fan of the NERF Elite RHINO-FIRE. I have 3 of them in my collection, and I've written several articles about them. 


This time I want to show you a cosmetic mod that I did to one of my RHINO-FIREs,  that I think looks great. Read more  to see  the pics...

I mentioned something about doing this back in  July of last year in my  The White Armor post. I found that the MODULUS BLAST SHIELD attachment looked surprisingly good on the RHINO-FIRE. The MODULUS logo wasn't really appropriate, and although the translucent orange color wasn't horrible, it could look better. 
RHINO-FIRE with MODULUS BLAST SHIELD 

I sanded down the MODULUS logo, it is molded on the shield and slightly raised,  as is the NERF logo. After that I masked off the rectical/sight, and then several coats of Satin White Krylon Infusion paint. Unfortunately the day I picked to do this project was cold and rainy,  and not the ideal day for painting.  I had to use a heat gun to help dry the paint in between coats. In the end the results were adequate, although if I did it again,  I'd do some things a little different, like waiting for a sunnier day...

RHINO-FIRE with painted BLAST SHIELD 


Of course this BLAST SHIELD can be used on other blasters in the White Armory,  and looks good on something like a larger REGULATOR configurations.
REGULATOR with BLAST SHIELD 

Anyway,  this project was cheap, and easy, and  I really like the end results. The BLAST SHIELD fits on the  RHINO-FIRE like it was made  for  it, and makes it even more FUNctioal than it already is, with all its got going on.

Although they are discontinued,  you can easily find a brand new BLASTSHIELD, online, for around 8 or 9 bucks.
BLAST SHIELD in generic box 

Well that's about all I got for now, short and simple. Some new stuff is in the mail and on the way, so there will be more about that in the near future.  Until then, be safe and...

                   NERF on NERFerS!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment