Saturday, July 26, 2014

THE PUNISHER



As excited as I am about the up-coming release of the Nerf RHINO-FIRE, the name just doesn't do anything for me. A cool blaster has got to have a cool name that makes a statement! So with that in mind I thought I'd show you my PUNISHER. Punisher... now that's a name for a blaster that means business!
PUNISHER on tri-pod (tri-pod not included).


I picked this up at Toys R Us  about 4 or 5 years ago, on sale for about $25. The Punisher like the Nerf Vulcan is big and heavy, belt fed, fully automatic, and takes 6 "D" batteries. It operates on a fly-wheel firing system and features a motorized spinning turret. If you are not familiar with this blaster or just want to see the commercial here is a link that will give you all the basic info Air Zone Punisher .
opened up for loading


 Obviously the PUNISER was made to compete directly with the VULCAN -EBF25. Although I haven't done an official side-by side comparison, (what a good idea for an upcoming post) I have to say that the Punisher seems to get better, more consistent ranges, and shoots 5 more rounds than the stock 25 dart Vulcan belt.
VULCAN & PUNISHER side by side
(L)stock PUNISHER dart  (R)Air Warriors Extreme darts work even better, adding to range.


So is the PUNISHER a practical blaster? Would you bring it to a NIC war? Probably not, but as far as being FUN-ctional and tacti-COOL the PUNISHER is hard to beat!

I'LL BE BACK.
I'll be back,  but until then...

                                  NERF on NERFerS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment