Sunday, July 6, 2014

Nerf of the Living Dead

Who doesn't love Nerf and who doesn't love zombies? So how could anybody not like Zombie Strike Blasters?
I have three of the series so far, and I like 'em just fine.  So here's a quick breakdown and some pix of my Z-Strike gear.
Given to me as gifts by a very special friend

First is the SLEDGEFIRE. This monster fires 3 darts at once from a shell loaded into the break-open breech (similar to a Barrel Break IX-2 or Buzz Bee Double Shot). A bandolier with extra shells would make a great addition to this blaster.
My SLEDGEFIRE

open breech and 3 dart shells
Next is the HAMMERSHOT. About the size and shape of a MAVERICK or STRONGARM, this revolver only holds five darts not six. But the hammer-priming action and large, comfortable handle make it easy to dual-wield or use one handed. A great sidearm and back-up!
hammer is in primed position.

blaster can be primed with just a thumb.

Finally is the newest of my Zombie Strike, the CROSSFIRE BOW. What can I say about this one...it's a crossbow.  A four shot crossbow that primes like a NITEFINDER and works in a similar way as the ROUGHCUT. It's a cool blaster but I find the reliability of those follow up shots to be an issue and you need to be sure your darts are firmly loaded or you get weak/bad shots. The CROSSFIRE will also accept any of the standard Nerf stocks although without paint nothing really matches. I'm sure some of you Daryl Dixon types will mod this right. 
I think my CROSSFIRE looks cool. 

Nerf  brags about "the power" but without some modification I don't know about that?

If you haven't heard, they say that they are also bringing the LONGSHOT back as a Z-Strike blaster, and the SLINGFIRE is available at Amazon and should be hitting stores soon. Night of the Living Dead came out in 1968 and was the greatest zombie movie ever made. The Walking Dead season 5 starts in October. What ever you do, don't get bit and NERF ON NERFerS!
NERF ZOMBIESTRIKE LONGSHOT

No comments:

Post a Comment