Friday, April 5, 2019

Surprise! A New Post ...

Greetings Nerfers, I know it's been quite a while since my last post, but here I am again back on the blog. Thanks to all of you dedicated readers who have hung in there during my prolonged absence. I am not really sure how to begin... I guess I'll start by briefly recapping what I've been up to the past few months.

2018 was a pretty busy year for me overall, but there were a couple of major events that really kept me from flinging  foam and out of the Nerfarium as much as I would have liked... The first was back in May when I found a litter of stray kittens in the yard...


This turned out to be more of a problem than I thought it was going to be, as the local animal shelters were already overflowing with kittens and I couldn't seem to find anybody who wanted to adopt a new kitten... a few weeks soon turned into a couple of months and the kittens needed some veterinary care.  In exchange for my foster care, the Humane Society was willing to vaccinate and neuter the kittens and a couple of the neighborhood strays that were a huge part of the kitten problem, which became a huge project in itself requiring a lot of my time...
The other issue of the past year has been my health... leading up to both heart and eye surgeries. I'm nearly as good as new. My energy and endurance are greater than ever, and my vision has been restored and improved but recovery was slow and I spent a lot of time in hospitals and medical centers, and I was severely impaired for several months.  It's all part of being a specimen, but that's another story for another time...
Of course I haven't been completely out of the game... I've picked up a few new blasters and accessories,  been working on a couple of projects, and moderating the now extinct NERF or NOTHING community on Google+ .


I'm very sad to be losing my nearly 600 member Nerf community with the shutdown of Google+... I met a lot of interesting people on the social network, and it became a significant part of my life for over the past 3 years. I'm sorry to say the lack of posts on my blog have been a direct result of that too...
Now I'll have that time and energy to focus back into NERFARIUM. I'm thinking of trying some shorter more frequent posts, similar to the style I was using on G+ . Perhaps even some of my famous graphic NERF humor?

                                                     Then there's those new blasters... I have some to review,


                                                                      and others I'm excited to preview...


I even have a couple new foam projects I've been working on.









I hope you'll keep reading as I get back into the swing of things, and I'd love to hear any ideas, suggestions, or requests you may have.

With that said, I'm going to wrap it up for now. Be sure and check back soon as I intend to be much more active here again... don't forget those comments, and

                                                  NERF on NERFerS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment