Saturday, August 22, 2020

NERF MEGA MOTOSTRYKE


My Review and Opinion of the NERF MEGA MOTOSTRYKE



Of all the 2020 NERF blasters that have been released or announced, not many have excited me more than the MOTOSTRYKE.


After a slight delay in shipping,  I finally got my hands on one... and here's what I think

I first reported on the MEGA MOTOSTRYKE back in February  MOTOSTRYKE ANNOUNCED . I found one for sale on Wal-Mart. com last week and so I bought it. It cost 40 bucks,  standard msrp, with free 2 day shipping. Five days later, my MOTOSTRYKE gets here... better late than never.

In the box.

The MOTOSTRYKE comes with a 10 dart clip clip, 10 darts, and instructions.


What you get...

It features a carry handle on the top, similar to that of the RAPIDSTRIKE CS-18 and an integrated shoulder stock.  There is a single tactical rail on top of the carry handle, and a sling/strap mounting point at the back of the carry handle. A front sling mount is built-in to the front sight.

My MEGA MOTOSTRYKE

This blaster is sort of like a dream come true for me and a lot of NERFerS... a couple years back I made a conceptual blaster I called the MEGA SHOCKWAVE... now NERF has made it a reallity!

My MEGA SHOCKWAVE concept

The MOTOSTRYKE operates very much like a STRYFE, semi-auto, with a rev trigger and firing trigger,  and a clip release button, grouped closely.

Triggers and such.

The rev trigger is a bit small and just not a good shape... I don't know what happened there, but it's not a good thing? That's about my biggest complaint with this blaster, and a relatively easy fix.
The battery compartment that holds the 4 "C" batteries is located in the stock and large enough to accommodate a variety of after market upgrade batteries.

battery compartment with and without batteries.

The 10 dart clip is really well made.One side is clear, and the other side is red. both sides have the word MEGA molded into them. The bottom corners also have rubber "bumpers" built in. It's too bad there is just one of them, and currently no way to get extras/replacements. Hopefully some after market company will fix that soon.

The clip... magazine if you must... geez

However, it the meantime, the MOTOSTRYKE will use the Centurion 6 dart clip, as well as the Buzz Bee Air Max 3 and 12 dart clips.

Buzz Bee Air Max 3 and 12 dart clips



NERF CENTURION 6 dart clip








I had heard reports of problems with some of the early versions of this blasters, but mine worked perfectly. The standard NERF MEGA darts (that are included) fire at an average speed of about 70 FPS, and hits ranges averaging around 65 feet (20 m), with angled shots. The MOTOSTRYKE can fire those shots at nearly 3 rounds a second, without putting too much strain on the flywheels. Those are some very respectable Elite standards. Accuracy was kind of all over the place... but using Accustrike or my favorite after market darts (NF STRIKE's Whirlwind Head dart) helps with that.

NF STRIKE's Whirlwind Head dart
My overall opinion of the MOTOSTRYKE is very good. I think this is one of the best blasters NERF has come out with in a while. The size and ergonomics of this blaster are very good (maybe not for little kids).  The performance is excellent, and even the price tag is not too bad. If you like MEGA blasters the MOTOSTRYKE is a must have. Being the second MEGA flywheel blaster, the MOTOSTRYKE is a more affordable, easier to wield, and dare I say, more practical than the beloved MEGA MASTODON.

MASTODON and MOTOSTRYKE.

 Although it may be a little bit tough to find on store shelves just yet, the MOTOSTRYKE can be readily found for sale online. I'd expect they'll be in the big stores, everywhere, shortly. 
Until next time...

                                        NERF ON NERFerS!!!



2 comments:

  1. A couple of YouTube reviews have pointed out some QC issues with their blasters like faulty clip release buttons, odd vibrations, and/or reverberating noises. Luckily mine doesn't seem to have any issues and works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlier today I watched Coop's YouTube review, and he had 2 MOTOSTRYKEs that both had weak trigger return springs... mine doesn't have this issue either. I must have just gotten lucky, because it seems like everybody is having issues with this blaster.

    ReplyDelete