Tuesday, April 12, 2022

A Tuesday Evening Post

Seems like a good time for an update..

 Greetings Nerfers, it's been quite a while since we talked.  I've been busy with some big home improvement projects and other things... but now I'm back on the internet with a few new things, and a bunch of old stuff too.

Last May I decided to take a little break, both from blogging and from blasters. Well I have a couple of new things to show you, and since I haven't written a post yet this year, now seems like as good a time as any.    

First off,  I recently received a  new blaster for my birthday. It's the NEXUS PRO!


Thanks TM for my Birthday NEXUS PRO!

If you are not familiar with the NEXUS PRO, it's an Adventure Force, Walmart exclusive,  high-end performance blaster.  It's one of only a few blasters that has interested me lately. 

The NEXUS  is a good-looking, well built, blaster.  It is a pump-action, clip system, springer. It fires both full-length and half-length darts, as well as NERF Elite and other darts.

Inside the box...

I'll do a full review of the NEXUS PRO in an upcoming post. 

I'm putting the finishing touches on a project that has taken a while to getting around to, but I I've wanted to do for years... a LONGSTRIKE rebuild/repaint! Of the three colors of the LONGSTRIKE that have been released,  there has never been a yellow version that matched the  rest of the N-STRIKE series. 


The LONGSTRIKE the color it should have been. 

I got the main blaster and the barrel separately, each for about 10 bucks on eBay. The blaster had no bolt,  so I had to make that myself. I made it out of a dollar store screwdriver and some leftover wooden closet pole, that I sanded down and painted. 


Closeup of my homemade bolt handle 


I could have simply painted the LONGSTRIKE that I already have,  but I've had it for a long time, and it is complete and in prestine condition.

My pair of LONGSTRIKEs

Making a  second LONGSTRIKE for about 20 dollars seemed like the best way to go,  and I enjoyed doing it! Of course the LONGSTRIKE is much of a performer, but I think it's one of the best looking blasters NERF has ever made. 

I never understood why NERF never made an N-Strike yellow version of the LONGSTRIKE.  The same goes for the RAIDER CS-35...

My RAIDER and LONGSTRIKE repaints


... but I did something about that a while ago. I think NERF might have missed out by not re-releasing these blasters through the ICON series?

At this point I will probably be doing more projects than buying new blasters.  This is due to both my lack of interest in most of the current new blasters,  and my lack of  space to expand my arsenal. In future posts you can expect much more repaints,  mods, and even homemade stuff.  So until the next time...

                         

                                   NERF on NERFerS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment