Saturday, August 27, 2022

N-Strike agai-N

 The Yellow Armory



No new blasters to review... in fact this post is going to showcase older blasters... N-Strike blasters.... so hit that "Read more" button to take an updated look at my Yellow Armory. 

For me it all started in late 2006... I was finally home recovering from some pretty serious surgery, and a long stay in the hospital, when I got my first look at a NERF Maverick. 

I really liked this little foam dart gun revolver.  It was clever,  functional, stylish, and I appreciated the bright colors and slightly cartoon-ish look, that made it pretty unmistakable from an actual firearm.

 Soon I was out to the store and found myself in the NERF section. I thought I might get myself a Maverick. Unfortunately the selection was nearly depleted and they had no Maverick.  I did however pick up a FIREFLY and a NITEFINDER,  and that was the beginning of what many have called "a ridiculous collection". 

My first two NERF blasters. 


I eventually did get a MAVERICK, and so much more...

A couple of my MAVERICKs

I don't have every N-Strike blaster ever made, but almost. The list of N-Strike blasters that I don't have is much shorter than the ones I do. I do not  own the Unity Power System, that  being  the TITAN ASV-1, the HORNET  AS-6 and the SCOUT IX-3. My collection also lacks an ELEMENT EX-6, SWITCHSHOT EX-3, and the SHARPFIRE DELTA. I have at least one of all the  rest of the N-STRIKE series blasters,  as well  as many accessories. 

The Yellow Armory 

These blasters have been boxed up since January,  to keep them safe during some home improvement projects.  In this post I'm focusing exclusively on my Yellow Armory.  Many N-Strike blasters were made in other colors like blue. Although I have them,  they are not featured in this collection. I've done a few repaints, so those blasters are included as well as a couple  that aren't quite N-Strike blasters. 

N-STRIKE  ?

I'm the original owner of most of these  blasters and most of them are in excellent condition,  with little to no wear and all the original parts and accessories. 

My LONGSHOT and STAMPEDE,  both 100% complete and nearly perfect. 
The blue LONGSTRIKE is like brand new, the yellow a thrift store rebuild, and part of the Yellow Armory. 

I also have quite a few duplicate blasters that are still new in the box,  but that will be another post.  I guess more pictures is in order, after all,  a picture is worth a thousand words...

left

middle 

right 

...and how about  a few more close-ups








I'm pleased with this display,  and I hope you like it too.  I'll let you know if I add to it. I also have a notable Elite collection that I'm planning to do something similar with.  So, until next time...

                                 NERF on NERFerS!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment