Saturday, October 29, 2022

2 Missing Scouts Found...

 SCOUT IX-3 Review 


Not to worry, this post isn't about a couple of lost hikers,  or anything like that. It's just a look at a pair of misplaced SCOUT IX-3s that I found...

Back in August I posted about my newly redone N-Strike collection. In that post I listed the N-Strike blasters that I did not have in my collection, there are only 6.

As it turns out, my collection is only lacking 5 blasters since I discovered a 2 pack of SCOUT IX-3 in a box of new blasters I had tucked away in a bedroom closet. 

The SCOUT was one of the first N-Strike blasters of the series. It was first released in 2003 as part of the Unity Power System. It was red, grey, silver and orange. Mine is a 2011 re-release 2pack in the classic N-Strike yellow scheme. 

My SCOUT 2pack 

The SCOUT IX-3 is a single-shot, muzzle-loaded,  slide-action pistol. There is storage for two additional darts under the muzzle. Both a tactical rail and a lanyard/strap attachment point are molded into the slide. There is also a button located in the center of the tac rail that allows the SCOUT to be fired from the TITAN ASV-1 when the two are connected, forming the Unity Power System. 

TITAN ASV-1 firing link button. 

Interestingly, the SCOUT was the first NERF blaster to feature a tactical rail.

Illustration on back of box noting the new tactical rail. 

Of course the reverse plunger internal mechanism of the SCOUT means performance isn't very impressive. Affective range is only 25 to 30 feet at best. Still decent enough for an N-Strike side arm. I think ergonomics and style are both pretty good, and the size is comfortable for most hand sizes. 

SCOUT IX-3 w/whistle darts.

One of the two SCOUTs was already liberated from its box,  so I've gladly added it to the Yellow Armory. 

Can you find the SCOUT?


Here's a closer look. 

I was pretty happy when I came across this lost treasure, especially since I recently redid the Yellow Armory. Now my collection only lacks 5 of the 36 blasters that comprise the entire N-Strike series. 

Until next time...

                                                          NERF on NERFerS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment