Sunday, July 16, 2023

The White Armory

 SPECIAL OPS BLASTERS 

This collection of white blasters isn't  made up of one particular NERF series,  in fact  not all the blasters are even NERF...

NERF has released several series of primarily white colored blasters over the years. From the Whiteout N-Strike series of 2011, to the Elite XD and MODULUS series, the RIVAL PHANTOM CORPS, and a few various other blasters. Although I've never actively collected any of those blasters, I do have a few that I've picked up or received as gifts. So I have put them all together as the White Armory. 

At the core of the White Armory is the MODULUS REGULATOR.  I got the REGULATOR for Christmas 2017.  It comes with several accessories, and I picked up a couple of MODULUS upgrade kits on sale. This gives me a variety of accessories to choose from. 

You can read my original REGULATOR review here- REGULATOR Review  . The REGULATOR is one of my favorite blasters. From its select-fire capability to the multiple barrel and shoulder stock attachments available. .. not to mention sights including night vision,  the REGULATOR is one of the most versatile blasters NERF has ever come out with. 

Next up is the RHINO FIRE. The RHINO FIRE is another of my favorite blasters.  With its twin recoilling barrels and duel 25 dart drum magazines,  the fully automatic RHINO FIRE is based on an anti-aircraft gun. This large, heavy, high capacity blaster is best used as an implacement  gun. 


 It sits on a detachable tripod and I've added a blast shield, which can also be used on several of the other blaster, but seems appropriate on the  RHINO FIRE.  I'm thinking that shield should be white...?


You can read my original RHINO FIRE post here RHINO FIRE .

The N-strike Elite RayvenFire pours on the power to overwhelm opponents...  so says the official description. The RayvenFire is simply a white colored re-release of the 2013 Rayven CS-18 (except the RAYVENFIRE comes with a 10 dart clip).


A bullpup configuration,  semi-auto,  clip fed, flywheeler. It is a Kohl's exclusive in the United States, a Toys R Us exclusive in Canada, and a Big W exclusive in Australia. 

The barrel extension point and tactical rails make it customizable for a number of mission profiles, and it's just tactiCool.

This next blaster operates like a SLINGFIRE and out performs any stock Elite springer. I'm talking about the SENTINEL. The Buzz Bee Ultra Tek SENTINEL hit stores in 2015 for about 13 bucks. Although not quite up to NERF construction quality standards,  the SENTINEL is a powerhouse straight out of the box. 


Hitting flat ranges of over 70 feet and highly modifiable, it has a metal priming lever and will use most NERF mags and darts. The SENTINEL is simply an awesome spring powered primary blaster. Unfortunately the SENTINEL is not compatible with any other accessories besides NERF clips. I'd also like to take this opportunity to brag about the second SENTINEL that I have... it's still in its original box!



I would have passed on this next blaster if not for the $6 sale price. It's the  MEDIATOR. This blaster has standard Elite performance with Slam-fire, and looks and operates much like an old RAIDER or RAMPAGE, with a side fed magazine well. 



It was sold in 3 separate parts,  the core blaster, the shoulder stock,  and the barrel extension.  All 3 parts  together had/have an MSRP of about 50 US dollars .

 I passed on both the MEDIATOR stock and barrel and put on a white RAIDER stock and a MODULUS barrel extension. I also replaced the 6 dart clip that is included with the blaster, with a 25 dart drum.

The last blaster (for now) in the White Armory, and only pistol,  is the ZURU X-Shot MK3.  I received this blaster a few years ago, as a gift.


This little 3 shot pistol features a manually turned, 3 shot  cylinder. The blaster is primed by pulling back the keyring style plunger rod on the back of the blaster. The handle and trigger are both a bit on the small side... 

...but performance is decent... better than a TRIAD. It will also shoot Elite and most other NERF darts. The compact size combined with better than average performance makes the MK 3 an excellent pocket back-up pistol. 

That concludes this look at my Special Ops  White Armory, I hope you enjoyed it. So until next time...

NERF on NERFerS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment