Saturday, January 13, 2024

CHAINSAW

 The NERF ZOMBIE STRIKE Chainsaw Attachment 


This fun foam melee weapon came out ten years ago and has been discontinued for a while, but I've just added one to my collection...

The NERF Zombie Strike Z.E.D. Squad chainsaw was made for NERF by Perpetual Play Group. It was first released in July, 2014, and cost between 16 to 20 dollars. I picked mine up on Ebay for about 14. Interestingly,  pictures online have  the words "ZED SQUAD" with "Zombie Epidemic Defense" underneath.  My packaging does not have this. 

Picture of CHAINSAW packaging from Nerfwiki 

My CHAINSAW packaging lacking "ZED SQUAD" and "Zombie Epidemic Defense" lettering 

Unfortunately, even though it was in good shape and in its original packaging,  the sound effect didn't work.  I'm sure that the non-replacable battery is dead. Maybe I'll try replacing it in a future post?

Green button should activate chainsaw sound 

The CHAINSAW can be attached to any NERF tactical rail, and is an awesome under- barrel melee accessory.  The sad thing is  that not alot of the Zombie Strike blasters have under barrel tactical rails.

The SCRAVENGER does havean under barrel tacticalrail,  and so does the REVOLTINATOR.  I think the CHAINSAW would look great on the  REVOLTINATOR... but I don't have one currently. 

Zombie Strike REVOLTINATOR 

While the  CHAINSAW does fit nicely and looks good on the SCRAVENGER, I already have the TWINSLICE  attachment (Read more about that here  CHOPSTOCK & TWINSLICE   

SCRAVENGER with CHAINSAW and other attachments 

The CHAINSAW is made most of cast expanded foam.  While there is a plastic core in the back half /handle, you  can actually use this melee attachment without seriously injuring somebody. 

TWINSLICE & CHAINSAW 

A few other Zombie Strike blasters in my collection do have tactical rails, but up on top  for scopes or other optics... attaching the CHAINSAW there just doesn't really work. 
DOOMINATOR with  CHAINSAW 

It does work pretty well with other NERF blasters, basically anything that has an under barrel tactical rail like the RETALIATOR,  or more specifically,  the RETALIATOR barrel extension. 

RETALIATOR with CHAINSAW 

The Zombie Strike CHAINSAW is becoming a bit  rare, but  a few can  still be found online.  I'm a big  fan of both the Zombie Strike series and NERF melee weapons, so finding a CHAINSAW in good shape for a decent price was cool. I also have a couple other Perpetual Play Group,  Zombie Strike products, so the CHAINSAW is a nice addition to my collection. 

Until next time...

                                                          NERF on NERFerS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment