Saturday, January 27, 2024

THE REVOLTINATOR

 I've wanted this "Electrifying"  Zombie Strike flywheeler for a long  time...


now that I finally have one, I'm "Shocked" by how  much I  like it. 

The Zombie Strike REVOLTINATOR was released in 2019. It is 1 of 2 blasters released under the Power Shock sub-series. The Power Shock sub-series consists of blasters that feature built-in sound effects and flashing lights. 

Power Shock logo

The REVOLTINATOR comes packaged with the blaster, one 18 dart clip, 18 Zombie Strike darts,  instructions, and four AA demo batteries already installed. It can still be found online for it's original shelf price of around 45 to 50 bucks.

Revoltinator in box 

 I always thought that was a little pricey,  so I picked up a nice used model for 20 bucks on eBay. It's worth mentioning that the REVOLTINATOR comes new with a special clip that has "Zombie" deco molded on it. It is functionally the same as any NERF 18 dart clip. Being used, my REVOLTINATOR did not come with this special edition clip. I may pick one up in the near future?

Revoltinator 18 dart clip 

The REVOLTINATOR is basically a nicely re-shelled STRYFE. At 29 inches (73 cm) long,  the REVOLTINATOR features an N- Strike barrel extension attachment point, just in case you want to make it even longer. The thumb hole style shoulder stock is not detachable. There are two tactical rails, one on the top of the carry handle, the other beneath the barrel. 

Tactical rails under barrel and on carry handle 

As I said, shell is nicely designed. It is a classic example of the "made from garage junk" theme that the Zombie Strike series is known for. The REVOLTINATOR shell features whimsical details such as spark plugs, a series of 9-volt batteries, an old flip phone, rebar, wire, and other "scraps". I thought the attention to theme detail was exceptional. 

Some shell detail...

The REVOLTINATOR performs very similar to the NERF STRYFE or other similar semi-auto flywheel blasters.  Average shots flew at around 70fps =standard Elite performance. The firing trigger,  rev trigger,  and magazine release button are also configured like the STRYFE and other NERF flywheelers. Both triggers also control the lights and sound effects. 

Main trigger,  rev trigger,  and clip release. 

As for the lights and sound effects... this is where I was really impressed. When the rev trigger is depressed, the NERF logo lights up (very cool!) 

Illuminated NERF logo 

and either the spark plugs light up and flash while a Jacob's ladder "vvvp, vvvp"kind of sound is made, 


or the circular area around the Z logo lights up in an accelerating spinning pattern while an electronic generator-revving sound is heard. This alternates each time the rev trigger is depressed. 



When the main trigger is pulled three lighted  sections on top of the blaster illuminate in series "following" the dart down the barrel. A ray gun/thunderblast kind of sound is also heard each time the trigger is pulled. 


Over all I'm impressed with the REVOLTINATOR. As far as FUN-ctionabilty is concerned, this blaster is hard to beat. All the effects even work  when there is no clip in the blaster, making usable for just cosplay. These days maybe 50 bucks for a primary flywheel blaster isn't that expensive either? I really couldn't be happier with my 20 dollar used specimen. It's an excellent addition to my Zombie Strike Armory and maybe my new favorite ZS primary blaster. 
Revoltinator with CHAINSAW attachment 

I leave you with the picture above. I mentioned,  in my last post, how I thought the NERF CHAINSAW might look on the REVOLTINATOR. Until next time...

                                            NERF on NERFerS !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment