Sunday, May 25, 2014

MAGSTRUCK


I'm a huge fan of the Magstrike There is no other blaster that spews out darts like it especially when duel wielded, and even the name is cool. I got a great deal on some Ironman editions back when I first started to get serious about collecting nerf blasters. If you can't get a decent blaster from Tony Stark  where can you?

If you're unfamiliar with it, the Magstrike is a semi- automatic/automatic air system blaster that was first released in 2004 under the dart tag series and later re-released in 2007 as a N-strike series Target exclusive and elsewhere as an Ironman promotional edition It fires 10 round magazines at a very high rate (ROF). This blaster  requires a bit of arm strength to use and can be prone to  breaking at the pump shaft thus not recommended for younger kids, but if treated well and used properly it is a fairly reliable  blaster. Without going into a lot of details and stats now I'll simply say  the Magstrike can be modified various ways from simple performance upgrades to more complex mods and integrations.

My MAGSTRIKE collection


I have 4 Magstrikes in my armory, one stock N-Strike AS-10 and  three Stark Industries N.R.F. 425 Blasters, one stock, one modified  (air capacity, pressure relief, and air restrictor mods), and one is in an un-open box. Now out of production but still not to hard to find, I think any version of the Magstrike is a must have in any  nerf collection!

N-Strike Magstrike AS-10

Modified with NERF logo on tank, and stock Iron Man editions.

One of my rare modified blasters, this MAGSTRIKE can fire 2 full clips before recharging the air tank.




I have 2 stock, 1 in the box, got them a few years ago for $10 each

Maybe I could still use a couple more extra mags but all in all I got the Magstrike thing covered.

2 comments:

  1. My company Wayne Enterprises is also working on new blaster technology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a dude with a magstrike hooked up to an air tank in his backpack. He was using as a sidearm, with a slingfir, first time i've seen a slingfire in a game in a while.

      Delete