Monday, February 23, 2015

BLAZIN' BOW BIRTHDAY

February sure has been a busy month.  There was Super Sunday and Groundhog Day and Valentines Day,  Presidents Day and Mardi Gras and Chinese New Year, and more... including my Birthday. So I have a few new blasters including my N-Strike BLAZIN' BOW.
My new BLAZIN' BOW.
Size comparison with Fire Strike and Elite dart.
The BLAZIN' BOW has been out since 2013 and was said to be the last of the legendary N-Strike series. This however is not the case as new N-Strike blasters like the Double Down and Sharp Fire are being released.  Back when this bow first came out most reviews were not very good and with all the Elite blasters that were coming out I overlooked it. Now that I have one I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised.


The BLAZIN' BOW is black and orange with a big bold flame design on the side so it doesn't really match anything. Even so I think it's a good looking blaster. It comes with 3 foam arrows (projectiles) each about 8.76 inches (22.25cm) long and weighing about 5g . There is no trigger and the arrows are fired by simply pulling back the handle and releasing it. Ranges are not impressive at about 25ft(7.6m)  flat and 40ft(12m) angled if your lucky. However I was pleased with the accuracy and ranges can be improved with modifications which are not difficult to do on this direct plunger blaster.

3 arrows are included, they remind me more of missiles than arrows.
arrow holders on each side, sight in the center.

Other features of this blaster include 2 arrow holders located on either side of the upper bow arm as well as a look-through sight in between. The lower arm incorporates a very comfortable hand grip. Overall I find it a fairly comfortable  blaster to use and despite being underpowered I think the   BLAZIN' BOW is a lot of fun and a great addition to any Nerf armory. I have also noticed that like many of the older  blasters this one is starting to become hard to find on store shelves so if you are interested in getting one, now might be the time.




I'll have a couple more new blaster to show you very soon so stay tuned for those and until then...

                                                              
                                                                 NERF ON NERFerS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment