Thursday, February 12, 2015

ZOMBIE STRIKE RICOCHET

It's zombie season again and I bagged one in the clearance aisle, plus the latest addition to the armory is the first Vortex.

It's true I'm a fan of  the Zombie Strike series and other zombie related series.
I just got a  new RICOCHET and the new season of The Walking Dead has just started. Read more and I'll talk a little bit about the blaster.
 
I never got in to Vortex blasters. Not that I had anything against them, I just never seemed to go down that foam padded path. If you have every visited the  armory  you will have seen there is no Vortex section and you would have seen no vortex blasters until now. I picked up a Zombie Strike RICOCHET for 5 bucks at Wallymart. On that note I'd also like to salute the NERFerS over at BlasterLabs for their efforts with the  Save Nerf Vortex Petition  and wish them the best of luck with that.

I thought it was worth five bucks.

So what can I say about this one shot front loading disc shooter with a 20 ft. effective range? Well it is part of the Z-Strike series which I now seem to be collecting. It was originally $7.97 and I got it for $5. Also I realize this probably isn't the best specimen of a Vortex blaster but it is still living room space size fun. The cat loves it. (Warning: You are never supposed to shot your cat)  I do :)
Cat after 2 disc RICOCHET strike.  The misery and suffering are unbearable but the discs survive.
To operate you must first push a disk all the way in to the front of the blaster. Next you pull the green priming handle back. The blaster is now ready to fire. After the blaster has been fired the green priming handle must be pushed forward again before another disc can be loaded.


primed(lower) and not



 The blaster has a 1 disc capacity and comes with 2 discs. Also remember that this thing only has a decent effective range of about 20ft.(6m) on average. I found that disappointing. For a $5 backup pistol blaster it's fine but it's not worth much more.
I recommend if you want to pick up a RICOCHET try to get it on sale.




Who Will Survive?

NERF ON NERerS!!!                              

No comments:

Post a Comment