Friday, January 29, 2016

NERF MEGA MASTODON- preview

My 2nd pick.


So I've been thinking hard about the second blaster I would get when the Fall line comes out. Keep in mind that this is only based on the blasters that we know about at this point. I wouldn't be at all surprised if something else is announced down the road that blows us away some how. But until that happens my second choice is the MEGA MASTODON. So let's take a look at it.
 
The MASTODON is the first fly wheel driven MEGA series blaster. It would most likely be my first MEGA blaster since thus far I haven't been a big fan of the MEGA series and don't own any. There are several reasons why this 24 dart MEGA blaster might change my mind. First thing this design kind of reminds me of a BARRACADE or STOCKADE design, but the reason they lacked was to much noise vs. 4 more darts than a MAV or STRONGARM. Now this beast does it right with 24 darts and they are MEGA!!!
 
I like a big blaster. The MASTODON has a pistol grip, a D handle, and a sling/strap. In a way it reminds me of a fictional blaster I hoped Hasbro would make called the HAMMERHEAD GL-1. I'm excited to see the mods people come up with for this thing.
 
Now the MM is going to be pretty hefty to start out and then you're going to fill it up with 6 D batteries so this is no little kids blaster, and at around $80 it'll break your piggy bank for sure! Again this falls into my category of blaster... if you know me I like to pack a VULCAN or PUNISHER and I have 2 RHINOFIRES, I like big blasters enough said
 
Now I've been studying the one picture we have all and I've noticed a few things (maybe I should have read more reviews before I wrote this, oh well) This big button right in front of the dart cylinder. it has to be a cylinder release like most of the REV blasters have for re-loading, right?
 
 
Another curious thing is in the picture I can't see an acceleration trigger so I wonder about that? Will it simply have an on/off switch like the BARRACADE and STOCKADE?
Where's the acceleration trigger?
Now there is one last thing that actually terrifies me. Maybe some of you would be ok with this but not me. Look at the attachment point... what if the D- handle fires the dart and advances the cylinder? Think about it. The trigger only activates the flywheel motors and pushing the D-handle forward and pulling it back fires the dart and rotates the next one in to place. I  hope that is not the case.
 
 
 
Does anyone remember back in April of 2014 when this fake image of the not yet released Rhino Fire was put out on Reddit and Tactical Tag as a joke? Look how close to the mark those guys were to an actual blaster.
I guess this thing looks like a ROTOFURY too, only a fan photo shop job.

We'll find out the details about the new exciting MEGA MASTODON  as we get closer to the fall release date so be on the look out for updates. Until then...

NERF ON NERFerS!!!

2 comments:

  1. When is it going yo release

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some time in the Fall of this year. No specific date available yet.

      Delete