Monday, January 19, 2015

The SlingFire... Lucas McCain's favorite blaster.



Do you remember Lucas McCain? If you do then you already know why The SlingFire would be his kind of blaster. If you don't, read on and find out why... plus I'll show you my new SlingFire!
Lucas McCain (Chuck Connors
 A long time ago... way, way, way before Star Wars, or probably most of you, there was this great TV show called "The Rifleman" starring Chuck Connors as Lucas McCain. Now the important part is that "Lucas" had mad skills with his modified Winchester lever action rifle, letting loose with 12 shots in under 5 seconds. That is why I'm sure 'Ol Lucas would love the SlingFire and I got to say I'm pretty fond of it myself.
My new SlingFire.



To go over the basics, the SlingFire is a Zombie Strike series release from 2014. It is clip fed and will accept any Nerf CS clip. It comes standard with one 6 dart clip and 6 Zombie Strike darts,
 although Kohl's (USA) and Galeria Kaufhof (Germany) released an exclusive version with a 25 round drum and darts to go with.


Standard 6 dart clip edition
Special 25 drum value pack edition


 It is Nerf's only lever action blaster so far and even though  Buzz Bee came out with the lever action Rapid Fire Tek first...

Buzz Bee Air Warriors Rapid Fire Tek

... the SlingFire is simply a  far superior blaster. With the exception of the lever action the SlingFire is similar to the rest of the CS blasters as far as operation. The clip loads the same, the jamb door is standard, and I would say that it almost hits the same ranges as most of the elite blasters.

with 12 dart clip
with 18 dart drum

with 18 dart clip

with 35 dart drum












The stock is not removable nor will it accept a barrel extensions. One other thing I noticed right away was the softer more flexible plastic they used on the lever itself. I think this is a good idea not only for durability but also because it is less likely that anyone will be injured by a sharp piece of snapped off priming lever!



As for FUNctionality the SlingFire is a big winner in my book. It is about the same length as a fully assembled RETALIATOR and just a little heavier making it a good choice for fans of a larger blaster.

SlingFire along RETALIATOR

  The lever priming  action is (almost) unique and lends itself to all kinds of "tricks". With a little practice one-handed operation is absolutely do-able. By golly, along with my HammerShot, the SlingFire just makes me feel like one rootin tootin, zombie slay'n hombre!  Also they've come down in price to about $20 at most major retail stores so I recommend you go get yourself one buckaroo!


I'm gonna  give you zombies 'till sunset to get out of town!

NERF ON NERFerS!!!




1 comment:

  1. I had the buzzbee lever action one. BUT LIKE ALL BUZZBEE, IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR IT TO BREAK!

    ReplyDelete