Wednesday, January 28, 2015

FLIPFURY FEVER


Recently I posted my  Target Mission Debriefing  and told you that I picked up a FLIPFURY. Since then I've had a chance to take it out of the box and play with it. Now the FLIPFURY is one big hand full of pistol so I like that, smaller (handed) NERFerS might find it a little big and front heavy. I just think it's pretty awesome. I knew it was Nerf's version of the famous and popular MAVRICK double cylinder mods,
MAVERICK Mod by  dim3



I always wanted to make one myself but now I don't need to because Hasbro made this finely designed and well crafted blaster for me. I can't wait to see some of  the mods for this... maybe a for grip and stock, two more cylinders and call it something cool like the HORRORFIRE...? The FLIPFURY comes with the basic blaster and 12 plain green Z-Strike darts that's it.



Priming and firing the FlipFury works basically the same way as the Nerf STRONGARM and
comes with12 plain green unmarked darts
MAVERICK before it, with the addition of a second trigger under the main trigger which flips the cylinders . I have heard complaints of this system but mine seems to work nice and smooth. Also like the STRONGARM the FLIPFURY has Slam fire capability and like both the STRONGARM and MAV the revolving cylinders hold 6 darts but with two cylinders comes twice the rounds, twice the fun, twice the everything!                



                               
top to bottom- STRONGARM, FLIPFURY, MAVERICK
comparison

I would've loved this blaster in an N-Strike or Elite version , get rid of that hole in the grip and the "wrapping", put a tactical rail on the bottom, maybe a barrel extension,  a little less orange?  I've got a CLEARSHOT scope on mine to give it a tacti-COOL advantage.
                                                                 
                           
note the "flip" trigger below the main trigger and the detail of the grip.
 I don't like the hole so much or the "bandage" wrap look. 
                                                                                                                             





Here is my FLIPFURY set up with a scope from a
 CLEARSHOT and loaded with elite suction tip darts.
I like it!
 

As far as overall performance I'd have to say the FLIPFURY is at least every bit as good as the STRONGARM when it comes to distance and accuracy, more than enough especially  for indoor battles, plus you get twice the fire power and those cool flipping cylinders. I love a blaster with a good gimmick! Also keep in mind that considering the STRONARMS sitting in the store with it were only 5 bucks less... the FLIPFURY is not a bad deal ($19.99 USD).
So what we have here instead of another CS (clip system) blaster is a new REV with a new trick taken straight out of the nerf modders idea book. The Pro's are: It has 12 darts loaded. It gets decent stock ranges. It is a larger adult size baster. The Con's: That hole in the grip is really annoying. No bottom tactical rail. It is on the large side(for a pistol) and may not be a good choice for younger NERFerS, the box recommends 8 and older.  I was unsure about this one at first and it even sat around for a few days but now that I have one and got the chance to try it out, I have to say I like it, it's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it. I might even get a second one if they ever go on sale :)
So I guess I give the FLIPFURY high numbers, a bunch of gold stars, and the thumbs up.

                                                 NERF ON NERFerS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment