Friday, January 9, 2015

NERFARIUM TWENTY- FIFTEEN

 Nerfing in the New Year

                                                              2015

CROSSBOLT
I can hardly believe we are already into the second week of 2015. Some of the new NERF blasters are hitting the market such as the FLIPFURY and CROSSBOLT (one I'm particularly excited about). I'm sure we're going to see more and more available as the weeks go by, and as everybody knows there will be plenty to choose from.

FLIPFURY

I've met quite a few fellow NERFerS  over this past year and have really enjoyed the exchange of info and stories. I've also been thinking about how I might proceed with my blog in this next year. Maybe a snazzy updated look might be cool? Perhaps a little more personal/profile information (that might be scary), more on modified blasters? A new affiliate or two? I could see that happening. I'm not sure just what I'll do but one thing that I can guarantee, to Para quote Old Blue Eyes, "I'll do it my way." Which brings me to my next point...
After Nerf blog giants like Urban Taggers and Nerf Mods and Reviews closed up shop I started thinking about writing a blog of my own. I'd been a silent  fan of the hobby for a few years but only just started interacting with others in what is referred to as the NIC.  Much to my surprise whenever I brought up the subject of starting my own blog I was highly discouraged, and this came from some pretty well known names in the community! I'm not going to name names (you know who you are) but things were said like "No need for another blog" and I was even called "Stalker" by a blogger in a chat room because I knew who he was. Go figure? That was when I knew for sure I was going to start a Nerf blog and ever since then it's been a real blast!
I guess the point I'm trying to make (yes I know I can be very trying) is don't be discouraged by others. If you have something to say, say it. If you want to write a blog, write it.  Keep in mind that you will have to put a little time and effort into it. The great bloggers put a lot of time and effort into it and that is why they have a million page views (you know who you are too). Above all else remember that no matter how you choose to play with Nerf toys, that is just fine because they are just toys and one way or another we are all just playing with them. Don't pay any attention to anyone who tells you different.
So with all that said I want to wish everyone a Happy & Nerfy New Year!!!
As always...     NERF ON NERFerS!!!




3 comments:

  1. Happy new year! I hope that you succeed. I am going to acheive my new years resolution and get one of the leaked blasters before awesomenerfer1999!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , I've already succeeded because I do things the way I like and sometimes cool people like you even pay attention. Now go get one of those blasters!

      Delete
    2. one day, signapore will not get blasters before me. I'm sorry about the snowball launcher. We don't have good snow totest it out in mississauga yet.

      Delete